The training material aim to give a good understanding of how to work efficiently in ftrack as a project manger.
The articles are suitable for anyone in a position where you manage a team, are responsible for deadlines, plan or coordinate tasks or oversee project progress.
Depending on your industry this role may include: Producer, Line-producer, Coordinator, Manager or Supervisor.
What you will learn
- How to create a new project and structure it for highest efficiency
- Get a jump start by importing data to a project along with previously defined tasks and attributes
- Plan your project with milestones
- Scheduling and assigning tasks
- Follow-up the status of your project and monitor progress
- Export your project to Excel, CSV or PDF
- Manage the review of assets internally and with clients
- Working with feedback
Your first steps
If you are completely new to ftrack the first step is to sign in to your ftrack workspace and add a profile picture. It helps your team to instantly recognise you in ftrack. Go to the My account page in the profile menu. To upload a profile picture, either drop an image file into the thumbnail space or click to browse to it on your desktop.
Find information using the side panel
You can view more information about a task (or any project entity) using the right side panel:
- Communication between team members and client feedback is found on the Notes tab.
- The Versions tab displays published versions of assets. Clicking on a version here lets you see where the files are stored. ftrack is aware where the files are for easy access.
More on the side panel in Lesson 4.