The training material aim to give a good understanding of how to work efficiently in ftrack as a creative.
The articles are suitable for anyone in a position where you produce content as part of a creative team.
Depending on your industry your role may be called different things, e.g: Creative, Artist or Designer.
What you will learn
- How to find tasks that are assigned to you
- See your schedule including projects that you are allocated on and tasks that are assigned
- Find information on the project or part of project that you are currently working on
- See important deadlines
- Log time to tasks that you are assigned to
- Use actions to launch applications with ftrack integration
- Publish assets to ftrack
- How to work with feedback and configure notifications
Your first steps
If you are completely new to ftrack the first step is to sign in to your ftrack workspace and add a profile picture. It helps your team to instantly recognise you in ftrack. Go to the My account page in the profile menu. To upload a profile picture, either drop an image file into the thumbnail space or click to browse to it on your desktop.
Find information using the side panel
You can view more information about a task (or any project entity) using the right side panel:
- Communication between team members and client feedback is found on the Notes tab.
- The Versions tab displays published versions of assets. Clicking on a version here lets you see where the files are stored. ftrack is aware where the files are for easy access.
More on the side panel in Lesson 3.